Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supilath
Newcomer II

Passed CC examination (19- December- 2023)

Passed CC exam on December 19, 2023. It was my first attempt, overall an easy examination. I have used Official ISC2 CC Online Self-Paced Training.

For exam takers, if you are new to Information security, I would advise you to also explore security content outside the (ISC)2 Official training. And make sure that you are very good at the security fundamentals.

And for experienced, who are holding any security certifications, you could probably achieve success in your first attempt.

To (ISC)2, I am holding a couple of certifications from (ISC)2, and always considered (ISC)2 forte is asking direct questions, the test taker not to be proficient in language, only expected to have security knowledge. I see that we have started testing language skills, related words, synonyms etc. in CC exam. I would request (ISC)2 to continue the legacy of not twisting words,always ask straight questions.

Sunil Pilathottathil SAFe Practitioner, TOGAF, ASEP, SABSA-SCF, CISSP-ISSEP, CPISI, CIPT, DCPLA, CCSP, CISSP, CGRC, CISA, CISM

Perpetual Learner..!
6 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Congrats though it may have come a little late in your career… 😛

ISC2 exams have always tested comprehension, but usually quite fairly - did you feel the training left out topics from domains or lacked coverage? If there were area that should be added I think that it’s helpful lots of complaints here and on Reddit that there might be gaps in subject matter.

Hard to provide specific examples of tricks and vices in the questions themselves but perhaps feed back to the exam development people.
Cristofer
Newcomer I

Congratulations, help me with tips.
supilath
Newcomer II

First, I felt the CC examination is testing a good amount of applied knowledge on security fundamentals, though it is simple, yet relatively hard for someone starting their infosec career. Second, I am good that we use related words, but not too keen when we change words like ‘role’ with ‘task’ and expect people to understand we are talking 'RBAC'. I found so many substitutions like this, which are not commonly used in infosec space.

And in my view about the (ISC)2 official training, no where closer for a infosec starter to clear the examination, and advise to learner is to supplement with content from other good sources.

Sunil Pilathottathil SAFe Practitioner, TOGAF, ASEP, SABSA-SCF, CISSP-ISSEP, CPISI, CIPT, DCPLA, CC, CCSP, CISSP, CGRC, CISA, CISM

Perpetual Learner..!
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Testing skills/process with language is normally considered a bad practice in confirmation testing, simply because of the way human brains work, it also effectively rules out, or at least penalises anyone who has no experience, as they won’t have attempted the tasks(I’ve speculated elsewhere that experience may be doing some of the heavy lifting for ISC2 exam takers).

Without being too specific… Task Based Access Control or Tabac? 😛 Task and Role both have specific meanings and are not interchangeable. Yes, in this example it would be possible to muddle through with experience using the ‘select least bad’ approach however, you’d need a decent amount of knowing to identify what they are asking.

Others have complained that perhaps they didn’t have full coverage of the content(though candidates tend to talk about “seeing questions” and I think they’re is probably an over reliance of taking many mock exams with many example questions over thorough of the subject matter.

I hope that ISC2 is looking at the data and seeing where they might need to enhance the courseware/training to mor fully cover the scope and depth required. Before this is carried out however, maybe candidates for CC should just bite the bullet and use the CISSP All in One study guide as the main text?

Thanks for the further sharing, and taking the time to take the test and share thoughts for candidates.
cladius
Viewer

Thank You

JustSay1ng
Viewer III

Congratulations on  your pass! 

I thoroughly agree when you mention how the  "language skills, related words, synonyms etc" have an impact on the exam question as those new English words introduced in the exam didn't make things any easier and those same words not used when doing the quiz or flashcards. Wish that has been changed in 2024...