Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicat
Viewer II

Hi everyone 😁 I am brand new to Cybersecurity and studying for CC.  I would value any feedback and knowledge on information that would lead to my success. I have read that the actual test is a lot more difficult that the course material and would appreciate any assistance in other resources that would benefit me both in passing and other knowledge in the industry.  Many thankks, Monicat

8 Replies
samaita
Newcomer I

We in the same boat
Sharonse114
Newcomer I

Ditto! I did find a practice exam on Udemy, I think it was around $17. 

zbaskervil
Newcomer III

What did you think of the Uldemy CC practice exam?
Maulous
Viewer III

I just did the exam and passed. I found the actual test more difficult than expected but I was prepared  for it from other sources that told me as such about the difficultly.

You should not rely on just the course material alone to pass. I found many youtube videos with practice tests and spent a bit extra money on Udemy practice exams / material.

In the exam, read the questions very carefully for they can be tricky. There seems to be a theme on many CC youtube videos on helping to analyse the questions to narrow down the possible correct answers. 

Sharonse114
Newcomer I

Were there any Udemy courses you found more helpful than others? How long was the sit time for the test? Thank you so much for providing this information to future exam takers, I'll be sure to do the same! I was scheduled for this week but they asked me to reschedule so I pushed out to mid-August. 

Sharonse114
Newcomer I

I saw a lot of questions that I did not see in the course material... 

SurreyNick
Viewer II

I passed the exam last week, but on the second attempt.

I had no IT qualifications or experience and followed the self paced study. Sadly, they do ask questions (about 10  and maybe even 15 out of 100 on my first attempt) that form no part of the self paced study, so unless you already work in the field or have an It backround, the answers to these can only be pure guesswork on your part.

I would say one of the most beneficial bits of knowledge is to know the OSI model and the functions of each layer inside out . The best You Tube video I found personally was 'What is OSI Model' (yes they didn't bother with the word 'the' in the middle) by Real Pars. It was the only one I found which explained it  from the application layer down. 

I paid for the UDEMY course on the weekend before the exam, but found some of the questions,again didn't relate to the self paced study. For me, this was of very little benefit for the exam, but obviously you learn things you didn't know before.    

LauraFoley
ISC2 Team

One of the most helpful YouTube CC prep series I found was created by Prabh Nair. It was all about analyzing questions to determine with answer was the most correct.

It had been decades since I took an exam, so knowing how to carefully review each question was very helpful. I used these videos, the (ISC)² CC Course, and the (ISC)² CC Textbook to study for the test. I passed!