cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinesh25
Reader I

Certified in cybersecurity

Hi everybody.

I passed my CC exam yesterday after two months of preparation (weekend only). I thought the exam to be neither difficult nor difficult, but the big catch was the use of English vocabulary. Extra effort is required to grasp the questions. 

Furthermore, my personal advise is to thoroughly comprehend the foundations and where they were applied so that you understand the goal of the situation in question. Also, try to match keywords with supplied options because many questions are indirect, and don't worry about technical questions because they are all directive.

Note: Please check your isc2 registered name exactly to correspond with your I'd proof before you travel because one student had this difficulty on exam day.

5 Replies
lburt5
Newcomer I

Good morning and Congratulations on passing the exam!

Question: do you have any study material that you used that you would not mind providing me? and or do you have access to the ebook textbook. I am in the process of studying for the exam. I am scheduled to take the exam in August. Any study materials that you wouldn’t mind sharing would be helpful.

In addition, I did read your post and you provided the tips on what to study for. Do you have an exam outline study guide that you used on the weekends you studied?

Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
dinesh25
Reader I

Hello, thank you for reaching out to me, First of all the best for your examination.

Now, I'm coming to your questions, I don't utilise any study materials to prepare for the exam. I'm only using an isc2 self-paced training course, however my existing knowledge of cyber security is assisting me in passing the exam. 

A lot of people recommend taking Thor and mick chappal video course but didn't take that because I don't like to spend my money on this because so many security professionals post their ideas on Google and YouTube. I strongly advise you to take an isc2 self-paced course to learn the principles of information security. Also, if you need to understand the security fundamentals properly and ask yourself how it was correct, where it was used, and how this helped to protect information it's really helpful not only for this certification but for all of them. Furthermore, the CISSP book is useful for referring to topics if you want a detailed explanation and clarification of your doubts and whatever questions you have searched for on Google.

We are all extremely welcome to ask questions in the community, and everyone here is incredibly supportive.

Anton_Dawson
Newcomer I

Just my 5c here. Ive only just recently passed the CC exam. I must admit that it was pretty straight forward. Not too hard at all. I took my time going through the course work. Then i did a bunch and i mean a bunch of Youtube exam dumps( clips of mock exam questions in multiple form) I really enjoyed that. Then did the flash card. The idea is to understand the technologies and how they work. Once you understand this, you will pass the exam. Last thing was that, i didn't get too cocky in a "I know it all" mind frame.

Good luck with your exam! You got this!!

Ad2
Newcomer I

Congratulations! the information helps.
AMG
Viewer

What ID proof have you submitted which has both photo and signature?