Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirahh13
Newcomer II

CC Exam

A lot of people who have completed the exam have mentioned the questions are written very differently to what they expected. I thought the exam was a multiple choice exam, is this not the case?

Would appreciate a reply. Thank you!

14 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

More information can be found here: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CC/Certification-Exam-Outline

ISC2 Community Manager
Yuman
Newcomer II

Hi Amirahh,

The CC exam is multiple-choice, you need to finish 100 MC within 2 hours.

I took this exam in Nov2022, and I don't think it changed the format to written.

Regards,

Yuman

Yuman Chau
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, ISO27001 Lead Auditor
Phropels
Newcomer I

Hi  @amirahh13 . I took it 2 days ago and it's a multiple choice exam. The "thing" with the questions is the way they're written. They're not as friendly as in the quizzes specially for those "non-english-mother-language". Anyway, if you can understand the course content and you read the exam questions carefully you'll pass without any problem.

shonnae
Newcomer I

Congrats on passing...
Jojoe
Viewer

Congrats!! Just a quick question, how long did it take you to complete the training and take the exam?
Yuman
Newcomer II

@Jojoe 

Hi Jojoe,

I go through the online training course by around 10 hours in a week.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CC?filter=featured&searchRoot=A82B5ABE5FF04271998AE8A4B5D7DEFD

Besides the video, please ensure you also study the handout which could be download at each modules, and the flash card to understand the cybersecurity terms.

Br

Yuman

Yuman Chau
CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, ISO27001 Lead Auditor
coffee-cola
Viewer

Does this mean you finished the course in a week and it took you about 10 hours?

Mikebbt
Newcomer II

Don't just focus on passing the exams. Make sure you understand each topic of the course very well, and you can apply them in real-life situations. Passing the exams is different from understanding the course. 

micahlpounders
Viewer II

I passed my exam today, and yes the questions were different than what the self paced course indicated.  People that don't understand the concepts will struggle on this one.  Take practice tests and study the questions you get wrong and the concepts that you didn't grasp the first time.  At my Pearson VUE center as I was gathering my belongings from my locker, the front desk clerk asked me if I passed the exam because she knew A LOT of people failed it.  I can see how someone whose first language isn't English would struggle with wording.  Over prepare for this test guys!!!