cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjemlearning
Newcomer I

2023 CC Study Resources

*(UPDATE: I PASSED THE CC EXAM)

I'm preparing for my upcoming CC exam and wanted to share the study resources I'm using:

1. (ISC)2 Website: Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Self-Paced Training course.

> Pre-Course Assessment

> Chapters Flash Card and select TEST mode

> Chapters Summary Quizzes

> Post-Course Assessment
(Since all of these resources allow unlimited attempts, the goal is to achieve a perfect score.)

2. Udemy : The Complete Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) course ISC2 '23 by Thor Pedersen
3. LinkedIn: (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Cert Prep by Mike Chapple

4. Youtube: CC Certification: Best Practice Questions! (CC Exam Playlist) of Prabh Nair
5. Youtube: CC & CISSP Practice Question with explanations by Luke Ahmed (StudynotesandTheory)
6. Other related Resources: Network+ and Security+ by Jason Dion or Professor Messer

Additional: Read 10 Things You Need To Know Right Now Before Taking The ISC2 CC Certified In Cybersecurity Exam 2023 ... by: Cyber Mesh

(ISC)2 Frequently Asked Questions

Exam

Time Allotted

Items

Passing Grade

Certified in Cybersecurity

2 hours

100 multiple choice, 4 choices

700 out of 1000 points

DomainsAverage Weight# of Items
1. Security Principles26%20
2. Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) & Incident Response Concepts10%7
3. Access Controls Concepts22%17
4. Network Security24%18
5. Security Operations18%13
Total100%75*

If you have any additional resources that are not listed, please feel free to comment below.

32 Replies
DavidKM
Viewer

Thank you for putting this together!
arjemlearning
Newcomer I

Hi everyone, just wanted to share the good news that I passed the CC exam today. The resources mentioned above are more than sufficient to achieve success in the exam. By taking a self-paced approach and incorporating either Thor Pederson's course on Udemy or Mike Chapel's course on LinkedIn as your main video resource, you can also pass the exam.
Ad2
Newcomer I

That is so resourceful. At least that give you the idea of what is ahead and actually help you to prepare in area.
earlbl
Newcomer II

@arjemlearning 

This is a great reference!

Just a question, is it ok to post and reference the following authors as one of the study materials after you pass the exam like

Thor Pedersen

Professor Messer

just making sure that it won't conflict the code of ethics.

thank you!

arjemlearning
Newcomer I

I don't see anything wrong with the post in relation to the (ISC)2 code of ethics. It's just a suggestion that might help with your studies, not an advertisement for anyone. I haven't mentioned anything specific about the exam content, just a reference to additional sources you can use alongside the self-paced training from (ISC)2.

It's important to note that the exam agreement clearly states not to disclose the content of the examination. However, it doesn't mention any restrictions on sharing study materials that can help to gain a better understanding of the self-paced training.

If you want to feel more assured, you can check out the full exam agreement at this link https://www.isc2.org/Exams/Exam-Agreement.

If I've done something against the rules or missed anything, please review the (ISC)2 code of ethics. The code includes the following principles:
1. Protect society, public trust, and the infrastructure.
2. Behave with honor, honesty, fairness, responsibility, and legality.
3. Provide diligent and competent service.
4. Advance and safeguard the profession.

😇 Godbless.
Ad2
Newcomer I

Yes absolutely. However keep the ethics in mind!
earlbl
Newcomer II

Awesome! Ah yes, particularly the contents. Got it! Thank you for the quick response.

🙂 God bless!
kelechinwaiwu20
Newcomer I

Thanks for the resources. They were so useful to me in passing my CC. I'm happy to announce i passed my exams today

YeSol
Viewer II

Hi, @arjemlearning thanks for putting that together. I'm new and forgive me if my question is silly:

Why are many supplemental materials needed in addition to the ISC2 (CC) Self-Paced Training course?