Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stan2024
Newcomer I

Please, I need help and ideas.

Please, I need help on what to do. I recently attempted to take my second exam in Certified Cybersecurity on Sunday, February 11, 2024, at Janus Networks Oakland. However, upon arriving at the testing center at 10:00 AM, I was dismayed to find that it was closed with a notice advising test candidates to check their email.

Upon checking my email, I discovered a message in my spam folder from Person VUE, informing me that they were unable to deliver my exam as scheduled. Despite my attempts to contact Person VUE, I was unable to reach them, and the testing center itself was not responsive to calls.

I understand that my Person VUE dashboard now indicates a "no show" status for me, despite my earnest efforts to attend the exam. This situation is particularly frustrating as I have invested extensive time and resources in preparing for this exam, including the payment of $199. As a student, this fee represents a significant financial commitment for me.

Given that the failure to deliver the exam was beyond my control. Please what's the best way to resolve this. 

6 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Call customer support at ISC2, send them all the details. I’m not an expert, however if your exam was booked in and canceled then maybe Pearson Vue should have reached out to you with something more reliable than email - I.e. a call. I assume this is CC?
denbesten
Community Champion

The email is your "get out of jail, free" card.  You will lose some time on the phone/email/chat with Member Services, but since you have proof it was the testing center's fault, you will not be out the exam fee itself.

Stan2024
Newcomer I

Do you know any number to reach isc2. The ones I saw isn't connecting. And Pearson VUE didn't call me.

Stan2024
Newcomer I

Yes, I have the email and took a photo of the notice posted on the door of the center. 

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

All here at this link regards contact information:

https://www.isc2.org/contact-us

I think that the CC certification, issues around it scaling and having enough accessible exam centres etc has stretched ISC2’s resources somewhat(probably one reason AMFs are going up in March for legacy members).

You should email the particulars and then follow up with a call periodically if you don’t get a response, it’s my understanding(might not be correct) that test centres are independent franchisees at least in the most part, so you’ll potentially have a lot of hops between them back and forth.

I personally think it’s bad form to cancel with just an email - did the test centre provide an explanation?

Good luck!

ProfessorRoger
Newcomer II

Call the ISC2 support (google the one in your area) 

They probably can issue you a new voucher

Professor Roger
Founder, Professor Roger Cyber Lounge