Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fjean28
Newcomer I

Passed CC Exam

I passed my CC exam a few months ago but it hasn't helped my in my job search. Are there specific roles that you would suggest based on the CC certification? 

Thanks! 

1 Reply
cgoyard
Newcomer I

If you're really into cybersecurity and you are just starting your career, you can try getting a position as an junior analyst in a SOC.

However, you can be whatever you like doing. CC helped you gather knowledge and insights on a broad scope of cybersecurity topics. But that's just a start ! I think the next step is to question yourself about which jobs you want to work on. Being able to take security into account at work will give you an edge at some point, but that's hardly a selling point in IT outside of pure information security positions.

If you like system administration, then you will be a security-conscious system administrator and that's really great. Same for developer. If you like project management, do that, your security knowledge will help you taking sensible decisions. If you work at a SMB (like in the Java sip videos), you can help secure your company and up the game.

Good luck !