Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fariz2001
Newcomer I

CC exam scoring

Hi everyone, my CC exam is tomorrow. I want to know how many questions I need to answer correctly in order to pass the exam. I know that there are 25 questions that don't count towards my score, but I'm confused because the exam outline says that I have to pass with 70%. Do I need to correctly answer 70% of the 75 questions or not?

5 Replies
kokumoto
Newcomer II

No. The score is scaled. That means the number of questions a candidate has to answer is not constant.
See https://www.isc2.org/register-for-exam/exam-scoring-faqs for more information.
denbesten
Community Champion

Answer as many questions as you can to the best of your ability.  And, read each question and answer thoroughly before answering.  

Don't try and keep score; don't worry about the question you previously answered and don't worry about which of the questions are unscored.  All of these are a waste of brain-power that is better focused on the question in front of you at the moment.  

Also, it is not 70%.   You need to earn 700 points out of a possible 1000.  That is not the same thing because some questions are worth more points than others.  Since you have insufficient information to do the math, don't distract yourself by guessing about how well you are doing.

Just do your best to pick the answer you feel best on each question.  And, remember, there can be more than one "correct" answer.  Your job is to pick the best answer amongst them.

Fariz2001
Newcomer I

thanks for the clarification

Fariz2001
Newcomer I

thank you!

Fariz2001
Newcomer I

thanks for the clarification