Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joebednarz
Viewer

What roles are considered toward the CISSP CBK domain experience?

I recently obtained my Security+ and my employer would like me to get other certifications including CISSP.  I'm looking to find a list of what would be considered experience in the CBK domains.

For instance, I currently have 2 years of DevOps engineering and administration.  Also, I've spent 8 years as a Windows/Netware network administrator, and 4 years as a Linux administrator.  And, I have more than 20 years as an Oracle database administrator / architect / engineer.  All of these roles have had what I would consider experience in the 8 different domains, but I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter much in regards to obtaining the certification.

Thank you for your time.

3 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@joebednarz Thank you inquiry! Please know, as long as candidates have at least a total of 5 years in 2 of the 8 domains, they will meet the experience requirements. For example, if you have 4 years and 2 months in one domain and 10 months in another, this is still considered 5 years in 2 of the 8 domains. Here is an excerpt of roles listed under the CISSP section of the (ISC)². I would also consider reviewing the CISSP Exam Outline for a breakdown of the domains. 

The CISSP is ideal for those working in roles such as:

• Security Consultant
  • Security Analyst
  • Security Manager
  • Security Auditor
  • Security Architect
  • IT Director/Manager
  • Director of Security
  • Network Architect
  • Security Systems Engineer
  • Chief Information Security Officer

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

joebednarz
Viewer

Thank you for your response Amanda, but I've seen these.  Perhaps I could ask my question this way:

Does experience that meets the CISSP requirement of domain experience have to be in a role that specifically has a job title like those listed?  Or, is it based on interpretation of our listed jobs?

amandavanceISC2

@joebednarz I apologize for the misunderstanding. The experience is not based on the job title itself, but the job description. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance