cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cartecs
Viewer III

Specialization Experience Requirement Clarification

Hi, 

For the experience requirement for the specializations I am wondering if it has to be additional experience we did not submit on our original endorsement or not? I submitted basically my entire resume when I did my original endorsement for CISSP which exceeded the years of experience by a lot. Wondering if I can do that again and isc2 just compares the experience difference or if I have to have additional experience since that submittal. 

Hope this question makes sense! 

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I assume you're talking about the CISSP Concentrations. To meet the experience requirements for these you need 2 years of experience in 1 or more of their respective domains.

The experience does not need to have been gained after you were awarded your CISSP. It also doesn't matter if you include the same experience you submitted for your CISSP endorsement application.

Here's another thread asking more or less the same question (he's asking if the experience has to be new whereas you're asking if it has to be different) which was answered by Amanda one of the forum moderators:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Concentration-work-requirements/m-p/7356

cartecs
Viewer III

Yep that's it, thanks for the info! I guess my forum search skills need some improvement!
CraginS
Defender I

@cartecs wrote:
Yep that's it, thanks for the info! I guess my forum search skills need some improvement!

Charles,

The challenge in searching the forum is not about your skills, it is about the curiously poor search feature on the site. As @rslade Grandpa Rob and others have noted, a full search requires use of an external search engine, pointed into the site. I routinely use this search mode with Google:

site:community.isc2.org search-word search-word 

and get MUCH more complete results than using the same search-words inside the community site.

Be sure to specify the community site in that syntax. if you use site:isc2.org the results will include hits in the organization site www.isc2.org.

This trick also works to find my older forum posts, which do not appear on my profile page or with an internal search.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts