cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aalnaffar
Viewer

Question

Hi ,

im workins since 3 years ago Security System Engineer, and i'd like to be certified CISSP, is it possible to do the examination before i reach 5 Years Exp.?

6 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

The simple answer is Yes.  And if you successfully pass you would become an Associate of (ISC)2 until you have the experience need.

Hope that helps

Diana Contesti

denbesten
Community Champion

Yes, although you might also consider the SSCP, for which you could immediately seek endorsement.

aalnaffar
Viewer

Thank you very much Diana,
Thats mean i can announce that i’ve passed the Exam but i wont be able to get Certificate and number? And i ill take it once i complete the remain tow years to achieve the require 5 years?

Sorry for inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone
dcontesti
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 can you provide the policy on this?

With thanks

denbesten
Community Champion

Policy is available online....  https://www.isc2.org/Member-Resources/Logo-Usage

The paragraph relevant to this conversation is:

• Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than "Associate of (ISC)²". Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than "Associate of (ISC)²", in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)² certification. 

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @aalnaffar

On top of the other information given to you here, I also wanted to provide you with the following link: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/Associate. On this page, there is quite a bit of information for you to understand the Associate status and what you can do to become fully certified in the certificate of your choosing (i.e. the CISSP). 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager