Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markl0124
Viewer

Provisionally passed CAP Exam... Now what?

I passed the CAP exam 6 days ago and I was wondering when I would see something in my profile.  I emailed isc2 5 days ago and I haven't received a reply.  I got a response stating that someone would be back to me in 3 days, but I haven't heard a thing.  According to isc2, I needed to wait up to 72 hours for Pearson Vue to transmit my scores, I can only assume that the center transmitted as it's been five days.  

Has anyone here had a similar experience?  Is there any other recourse other than emailing the member support email address? 

6 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Your next step is to document your required experience in the online application and then sit back and wait two months till you reach the front of the endorsement queue.  After they have completed that, you will get your cert in the mail, your badges will show up in the community and the CPE site will become available to you.

There is no way to check progress online, but you can call or email them to validate that you are in the queue.  Their hours seem to be 9-5 M-F, US-Eastern. 

BTW, "provisionally passed" simply means "unoffical results".  Here is where we have previously discussed that.

amandavanceISC2

@markl0124 Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a delay with the exam results emails being sent out; however, you should still be able to submit your endorsement. Please send me a DM with your (ISC)² ID number and I will review your record to ensure the results were received.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

bizzle09
Newcomer I

Was the exam based on 800-37 Rev1 or 800-37 Rev 2?

nanaegyir
Newcomer I

Hello,

I wrote and passed my CAP exam on May 16, 2020 and today is August 31, 2020 and I am still YET to hear back from ISC2 on the next steps.

I have called countless times and emailed as much and nothing except "we are aware of the issue/delay and working to resolve it"

This is not only frustrating and disrespectful especially the amount of time/hours and dedication you have invested in your craft and work, but also very disappointing especially from an organization like ISC2.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Sam Andrews

bizzle09
Newcomer I

Hi Amanda,

My ID is 532989. Can you help me check what the issue is? If I try to submit my endorsement I get an error message that I don't have any results on file. 

Thank you!! 

PuettK
Newcomer III

It takes a little while for the results to post and Congrats