Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

New! Join us as an (ISC)² Candidate – no exam, experience or fees required!

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.37.30 AM.pngWe’re excited to announce that today we are launching a new program and now anyone can join (ISC)² as an (ISC)² Candidate! There is no experience requirement needed to join. You don’t have to pass an exam first. And, there are no fees to join. (Dues will be U.S. $50 annually to continue status after the first year). (ISC)² Candidates are eligible for the One Million Certified in Cybersecurity program and will be provided with free registration for the exam, as well as access to the online self-paced course.

If you’re not a member, but you’re interested in working in cybersecurity or you’re working in cybersecurity and interested in getting certified, (ISC)² Candidate is the program for you!

When you join, you’ll get access to discounted prices on education from (ISC)² as well as books and study guides, special event rates, webinars and more.

Questions? Visit https://www.isc2.org/candidate for more information! If you need to know more, post here or email candidate@isc2.org

We hope you’ll join us as (ISC)² Candidates!

ISC2 Community Manager
30 Replies
erwindus
Contributor II

Allowing (ISC)2 candidates is a great thing for those who are sincerely interested in the profession, but unfortunately it also opens the door for spam and advertisements in the forum. Do we have measures in place to prevent this as much as possible?
TIEJUN
Newcomer I

Hi @AndreaMoore,

Thanks for always post very attractive topic for us.
I just registered as ISC2 Candidate and signed up my cc exam on May/2023(as my CISSP exam will be happen in Jan/23.
However, I did not receive the digital badge yet, even though I followed the instructions for signed up…
I did has an account in Credly and its email tally with my ISC2, what I received only as following welcome email :
———————
Welcome to (ISC)² - we're glad to have you! By becoming an (ISC)² Candidate, you've taken the first step in your journey to becoming part of the world's leading cybersecurity professional organization.

Sign in to your (ISC)² account, set up your profile, set your preferences and get started today taking advantage of the benefits, resources and discounts available exclusively to (ISC)² Candidates.
View Your Candidate Benefits
Don't forget to claim your digital badge! As an (ISC)² Candidate, your badge shows everyone that you are part of a community working to build a safe and secure cyber world. Proclaim it proudly!
We're glad you're here,
Clar Rosso, CEO, (ISC)²
——————————
Could u please advise, what should I do for next step?
Thanks.
JoePete
Advocate I

@erwindus wrote:
Allowing (ISC)2 candidates is a great thing for those who are sincerely interested in the profession, but unfortunately it also opens the door for spam and advertisements in the forum. Do we have measures in place to prevent this as much as possible?

If you hop in the wayback machine to the late-1980s and the founding of the (ISC)2, a lot of similar conversations were happening. There were all these credentials popping up, some decent, some awful, and you had a group get together and say we need to separate the "chaff from the wheat," or for a more current phrase "spam from the substance." It's interesting that fast-forward 30 years you're back at this crossroad of  volume vs. quality. Some might say that, while an admirable goal, the CC runs against the very focused, original mission of the (ISC)2. 

I wonder, as an organization, if we haven't misjudged, however. Computing resources have become so diffuse, do we really need more security professionals? Or is it that we need more professionals who think securely? To analogize, I am sure around 1920 or so, someone believed the next big thing was to teach everyone how to become a pilot. What they failed to see was the advent of the passenger planes. Now, we will always have to educate and certify pilots,  but what someone needs to do is teach people how to fasten their seatbelts and put up their tray tables. I'm not sure we want to be in that business because while some people might think it's similar (hey, you're both on a plane), they really are disparate subjects and audiences.

Sunny4k_001
Viewer II

I passed my CC certification yesterday. Completed my Endorsement application too, now do I still have to pay $50 annual fee to complete this process? 

Akinspire
Viewer

Yes
Sunny4k_001
Viewer II

Thanks, Will do that. Also, where can I get my certificate?
DanGreenhaus
Newcomer I

You need to download it from the website

erwindus
Contributor II

A newly obtained certificate will be sent to your home address, but that may take a few weeks/months (depending on production schedule I assume).
Certificate renewals are no longer sent on paper (download version available), unless you explicitly order one (costs approx $35).
ashi_1
Viewer II

Should a candidate sit for the exam within 180 days from the registration?

Samtheseagull
Viewer III

This is truly a gift that could make a difference to learners, it gets them on that first run of their career ladder.