Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

New! Join us as an (ISC)² Candidate – no exam, experience or fees required!

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.37.30 AM.pngWe’re excited to announce that today we are launching a new program and now anyone can join (ISC)² as an (ISC)² Candidate! There is no experience requirement needed to join. You don’t have to pass an exam first. And, there are no fees to join. (Dues will be U.S. $50 annually to continue status after the first year). (ISC)² Candidates are eligible for the One Million Certified in Cybersecurity program and will be provided with free registration for the exam, as well as access to the online self-paced course.

If you’re not a member, but you’re interested in working in cybersecurity or you’re working in cybersecurity and interested in getting certified, (ISC)² Candidate is the program for you!

When you join, you’ll get access to discounted prices on education from (ISC)² as well as books and study guides, special event rates, webinars and more.

Questions? Visit https://www.isc2.org/candidate for more information! If you need to know more, post here or email candidate@isc2.org

We hope you’ll join us as (ISC)² Candidates!

ISC2 Community Manager
30 Replies
Akinspire
Viewer

I just sign on and the reason why I also join this community

PJohnrhoe
Viewer II

Hi Andrea,

I am a little bit confused with the endorsement process. Is it okay if I ask you to enlighten with that?

Thank you,

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@PJohnrhoe 

Thanks for asking. Most of our certifications require "endorsement" which is the process to determine your work experience (either another (ISC)2 member endorses you or you can submit your work experience to (ISC)2 to determine/assess your experience). More information can be found here:  https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement and here: https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam/Background-Qualifications 

However, that being said, our newest certification (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) does not require work experience. Your endorsement is a short application containing ethics questions and agreements. No experience or endorser required.

Our recently launched Candidate program (https://www.isc2.org/Candidate) is an opportunity for people to sign-up to express their interest in pursuing a certification in the future. While registered as a candidate you'll receive some access and discounts. I highly recommend becoming a candidate and then pursuing your certification of choice. 

ISC2 Community Manager
Define411
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea

Do we get our certificates and card after passing CC? Or we don't get any of it?
jamespearson080
Newcomer I

Hi,

I enrolled under the candidate program on the 04th September 2022. However, I've not received my digital badge or a welcome letter as yet. Does this take some time? I've emailed the candidate email address but no one has replied to me as yet.

Thank you for any assistance.

Kind Regards

James 

Dozerth
Viewer II

Hello Andrea! A pleasure, my name is Diego.

I'm from Venezuela, currently a university student (not working), I have a couple of questions regarding payments for membership, "One Million Certified in Cybersecurity program" and programs for students:

1) For international payments, do you have a different method of credit cards or deposits? e.g: Transfers through Binance, Paypal. This is because I'm really interested in becoming a member and continuing to learn after certifying with you, however in my country there are blocks for transactions in dollars so there are few payment methods.

2) Being from Venezuela, can I apply to "One Million Certified in Cybersecurity program"?
2.1) The payment of the "U.S $50 AMF" once the certification exam has been passed must be immediate, is there a deadline, or on what date should it be canceled?

3) Since I have university commitments, and I also dedicate myself to the study of cybersecurity, I'd like to know if there is any type of special program for students that you provide to which I could apply?

Happy week, I await your response!

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@jamespearson080 Please try again, the system was down for a few days but it has now been restored. If you still have not received it, please let me know. 

ISC2 Community Manager
jamespearson080
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea, thank you for your quick response. I got this sorted. I'm now up and running as a candidate.

jamespearson080
Newcomer I

Sorry Andrea, one more question, If I may. Where can I find a list of webinars that I can access? Majority of the ones on the website are "free" for members or you have to pay to access.