cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PixelPaul
Viewer

Employment history

hello,

So i am looking to do some training and do the exams for some of the certifications.

My only concern is the employment history where i need upto 5 years full time payed work.

So i work part-time permanent at one job as an IT Manager

And i also work the other days under my own Company which is in the Web Security Field working on projects taken on for other companies under contract.

All up it would be full-time work, so would this be acceptable? And is there a way i can get it all ticked off before i do the exam?

3 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@PixelPaul Thank you for your inquiry. To confirm, the work experience does not have to be full-time, it can be part-time as well. Here is a link to the CISSP Experience Requirements. The endorsement process can only completed once you have taken and passed the exam.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

PixelPaul
Viewer

Thanks Amanda,

Is there a maximum timeframe the 5 years experience can be obtained in?

Also can self employment / own company be counted too? This is my main concern.

amandavanceISC2

@PixelPaul No, there is not a maximum time frame, as long as the experience was earned at some point during your career. You may also use self-employment as experience. If selected for audit, or using the endorsement assistance application, you will need to provide the article or incorporation. 

Best Regards, 
Amanda Vance