Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossmk
Viewer

Does "Domain" experience automatically count as InfoSec experience?

I passed the CCSP exam on Friday. I'm looking into the endorsement requirements.

• The IT requirement, no problem. I've been in IT since 2001 at least.
  • I have TWO years of full time InfoSec experience. I've been involved in infosec stuff much longer, but never at a 20-hours a week or more that is required in order to count.  The requirement is three years
  • For the domain experience requirement, one of the CCSP domains is "Cloud Concepts, Architecture & Design", and I can definitely say I've done that for at least a year, before my role on the infosec team.

Can I count that domain experience towards the InfoSec experience requirement?

1 Reply
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)2 does not evaluate work experience until a candidate has passed one of our credentialing exams. Candidates must use their professional judgement while reviewing the exam outline to see if their qualifications are in alignment with the domains.

Since you have already passed the CCSP exam, you will need to submit your endorsement application. The endorsement team will inform you if you need to gain more experience to qualify for certification. You will have the opportunity to become an Associate. A candidate who doesn’t have the required experience to become a CCSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CCSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have six years to earn the five years required experience.

ISC2 Community Manager