cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulH
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement not Completed in 9 Months

Hello,

I passed my CISSP exam August 26th.  I completed my endorsement application just prior to the 9 month mark. I contacted my endorser twice to let him know that I have completed my endorsement application but he has not responded.

Since 9 months has elapsed and the endorsement process is not complete, will I need to retake the exam in order to become a CISSP?

Thanks,

Paul

4 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Officially, 9 months is the limit for the entire process, including the 1-3 months that (ISC)² needs on their end.  I suggest calling member support (be patient; the queue can be long) to see if this is strongly enforced.  Then, let us know how it went.

For future readers, This is an avoidable trap.  If you don't have your endorsement ready to submit just as soon as you get your exam results back, you might first consider going for the associate and then submitting for endorsement when you have the paperwork ready.  It doesn't cost anything significant ($50/year; credited to your CISSP AMF) and it blows the endorsement time limit out to a few years (6 for the CISSP).

PaulH
Viewer

Thanks denbesten. I will reach out and report back. 

AppDefects
Community Champion

Why? Why? Did they not complete the endorsement? Why did they offer to help? Why wasn't another one used? I'm so sorry that you had this happen.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@PaulH have you already reached out to Member Support (membersupport@isc2.org)?

(ISC)2 can act as endorser for you. 

https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement

Endorsement

The application must be endorsed and digitally signed by an (ISC)² certified professional. If you do not know an (ISC)² certified professional in good standing, (ISC)² can act as an endorser for you. The (ISC)² certified professional is anyone who:

• Is able to attest to your professional experience
  • Is an active (ISC)² credential holder in good standing

The endorser will attest that your assertions regarding professional experience are true to the best of the endorser’s knowledge, and that you are in good standing within the cybersecurity industry. You will need the endorser’s member/certification number when filling out the online application.

ISC2 Community Manager