cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewChambers
Newcomer I

CISSP, CCSP & SSCP Endorsement

Hi

I passed my CISSP exam 4 weeks ago and submitted evidence to support my application when I received the CISSP endorsement request email from the ISC. I passed the CCSP exam today and I have my SSCP exam booked next week. What would you recommend I do in regard to the endorsement emails from the ISC for CCSP (& hopefully SSCP)? I believe I can bypass some of the CCSP requirements if I'm an CISSP but I'm not one yet. Should I wait until I'm approved to be a CISSP before submitting further ISC requests for CCSP (& SSCP) or just run them in parallel? I don't want to enter a catch 22 situation or upset the system.

Thanks

6 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations on passing both the CISSP and CCSP exams, and good luck with the SSCP!

I guess when you should submit your endorsement applications depends on if you have the requisite experience for the CCSP without the CISSP?

If you do, then submit your endorsement application whenever you want (within the 9 month maximum).

If not, then wait for your CISSP endorsement application to be approved before submitting the one for the CCSP - the system will detect you are a CISSP and will shorten the CCSP endorsement application accordingly.

For the SSCP you'll need to have a year's relevant experience or a suitable degree - your CISSP (or CCSP) has no bearing on this at all.

AndrewChambers
Newcomer I

Thanks for your message and your advice! I believe I have enough experience so I'll submit my CCSP endorsement and, fingers crossed, my SSCP endorsement soon.

Thanks again.

AndrewChambers
Newcomer I

For closure, I passed my SSCP today 🙂
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Many congratulations!

AndrewChambers
Newcomer I

Thanks!

Degraft
Viewer II

Hello there,
please any idea how long it takes for the endorsement? I applied for mine on the 26th of January 2023 but the status read.
"Your application has been received but processing by (ISC)² has not yet started"

I didn't know anybody so I chose ISC to endorse me