Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

Cast your BoD Vote Today!

There are a few good "men" on this year's ballot, but I love the fact that there is a feminist write-in option 😉

3 Replies
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@AppDefects In my memory no-one has ever been elected on write-in. It's hard enough to generate the member enthusiasm to get the 500 signatures to get yourself on the ballot. 

I wonder does the write-in option continue to serve any purpose?

CraginS
Defender I

@AppDefects wrote:

There are a few good "men" on this year's ballot, but I love the fact that there is a feminist write-in option 😉

Please see the thread

Write-In Candidates

which include the link back to the write-in announcement by @dcontesti Diana Contesti 

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
DavidMelnick
Newcomer II

To Richard's question... The voter turnout sometimes can be quite low (I hope not this year), but with that low turnout, a passionate write-in campaign could work in my opinion, but it would require the candidate to really get the word out and stimulate voters. In the spirit of passionate engagement I would encourage everyone that has the desire and willingness to serve to put themselves out there. In my first election to the Board, as I recall, I was a signature based candidate. I had the benefit of a strong community of members at my firm, Deloitte, which I was able to mobilize. But with social media and our groups today, if someone has an issue/message that resonates with the community I think they too could make it happen. However, probably easier to tackle this at the signatures stage than as a write-in. The key is to get engaged. If I am elected I would like to join the selection committee to seek diversity and future leaders for the community, and commit to personally support those with a passion to serve in navigating the process and getting the word out. Please reach out to me on linkedin and let me be of service in developing our next generation of leaders. Our profession has great need and our organization has a key role to play in supporting our profession. Ok... probably enough rambling (should not have had the Turkish coffee this morning)... Is this microphone even turned on :-). Guess I will have to keep working on the best ways to mobilize our distributed community (add that to the list of goals for my tenure).