Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Logo Download location?

I looked all over and I cannot seem to be able to find where to download the updated logos.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John-

16 Replies
CyberLead
Newcomer III

Dear Andrea,

I appreciate you providing the link to the artwork for the new ISC2 logo, but that's not what I'm looking for.  As you know, the logos for all my certifications changed, and I'd like to update my business cards and other artifacts.

Until the revamping of the website, a link was provided for members to download the files for the individual certifications, not just the ISC2 organization's logo.  As a CISSP-ISSMP, CCSP, and CGRC for example, I could download jpg and png versions of those specific logos in various formats.  I could use said logos on business cards and other artifacts in keeping with the relevant guidance in the policy. 

Until now, I need not send an email to anyone specifying my "needs" and why I wanted the logos of my certificates - it was my right as a holder of those credentials, as long as I respected the intellectual property in keeping with ISC2 policies.  My need is simple, I want to replace my old artwork for the new, or would ISC2 prefer me to continue to use the old when I hand out business cards to the students in my classes?  Nor would I want ISC2 to make an exception for me because I'm an authorized instructor; all members should be able to download the logos.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it appears that policy has changed.  If that is true, I do not recall receiving notification of such a change or seeing ISC2 notify the members that such a change was being contemplated.

Rather than having the members - now numbering over half a million - sending individual emails specifying their needs and reasons why they want an image of a certification they've earned, wouldn't the staff at ISC2 prefer to simply restore the link that has always been there to provide the download?  Imagine the strain on the staff to simply read the emails, much less review and respond.

Lloyd Diernisse

ISC2 Authorized Instructor and Learning Tree International Certified Instructor
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt | CISSP-ISSMP | CCSP | CGRC | PMP | CSM | CMMI-A | ITIL-Fv3
denbesten
Community Champion

@CyberLead wrote:

As a CISSP-ISSMP, CCSP, and CGRC for example, I could download jpg and png versions of those specific logos in various formats. 

I think I may see part of the confusion here.   The request to  the art/communications department is  "Please add a download for the the certification marks, the certification badges and the certificate badges, just like you already have for the logo.". This will help protect the brand's image by eliminating the need for members to use the screen-res Credly (or community) badges in print-quality scenarios.

Per the Brand Guidelines, the logo specifically refers to the stylized ISC2 thing. John, Diana-Lynn, and Lloyd are not asking to use the logo in an atypical fashion, which would require legal sign-off. They are unknowingly "misappropriating" the word "logo" to collectively refer to what the art department calls certification marks, certification badges, and certificate badges.

@AndreaMoore, as you forward feedback, could you also note that the Member Policies mentions one "I" of clear space around the logo, but the Brand Guidelines (on page 16) mentions 1/2 of an "I" of clear space.  One of the two ought to be updated.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to update you that we are working on this internally. 

Thank you for your patience as I work with various team members. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience.

We have updated the member policies page with the option to download the ISC2 & certification logos: https://www.isc2.org/policies-procedures/member-policies 

ISC2 Community Manager
CyberLead
Newcomer III

Dear Andrea, 

Thank you!

Lloyd Diernisse

ISC2 Authorized Instructor and Learning Tree International Certified Instructor
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt | CISSP-ISSMP | CCSP | CGRC | PMP | CSM | CMMI-A | ITIL-Fv3
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AndreaMoore wrote:

Thank you for your patience.

We have updated the member policies page with the option to download the ISC2 & certification logos: https://www.isc2.org/policies-procedures/member-policies 

@AndreaMoore 

Hi Andrea,

Do you know when the logo download package will be updated with the new ISSAP, ISSEP and ISSMP logos please?

Also, a good point has been made in this thread:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Credly-badge/m-p/63891#M10558

When you look at the new logos on the Credly badges they look different to the logos for the other certifications.

However, I have noticed that not only are they lacking the ISC2 moniker as mentioned in that thread, but they're also smaller - it would be nice to have them in proportion please.

E.g.

https://www.credly.com/organizations/isc2/badges

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@AlecTrevelyan I'll check on this. 

ISC2 Community Manager