cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilahir490
Newcomer I

Ideas For New Business

Hi,

I am a Software Engineer, I want to start new business. But I am confused about which business I should Start.

Although my Interest is in IT field. But I want to start business in some other field.

Is there anyone here who can give me ideas for business?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Anil
Software Engineer
3 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Lawn care.   Low-stress. Get to work outside, but don't need to in bad weather.  Adversaries are easily defeated with chemicals,   

JoePete
Advocate I

@anilahir490 wrote:

Although my Interest is in IT field. But I want to start business in some other field.

Honestly, @denbesten had some sound advice. The most stable industries today seem to be ones that require low-tech skills that have atrophied in the population, largely because they are no longer taught in schools. Especially with adding AI into the mix, technology (and what we perceive to be technology) is changing rapidly.

Yes, there is job security in information security it seems, but looking back over the past two to three decades, I'd say most of my job has been trying to convince people who don't know what they are talking about that they don't know what they are talking about. This industry is awash with serial entreprenfailures who continue to attract funding and attention. I think that explains a lot of the burnout and frustration in the technology industry. Everyone is chasing the next great, and the last great thing is very temporary. You have to stay on the move and that does get tiring.

jmikesmith
Newcomer III

@JoePete wrote:

...looking back over the past two to three decades, I'd say most of my job has been trying to convince people who don't know what they are talking about that they don't know what they are talking about.

Very much this. ^

Mike