cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Kennedy
Viewer

New CISSP, Old Veteran

Evening all,

Passed the CISSP exam today - long time coming! As a veteran who moved into InfoSec later than most, I'm keen to grow my network with like-minded professionals outside the ex-military groups!

There's a world outside a uniform, right?!

Anyway - genuinely pleased to be part of the community!

Dave
4 Replies
pastramionrye7
Viewer II

Hey, congrats and welcome! I got mine about 8 years after I got out. This weekend I met 3 other U.S. vets who had or were working on the same and a non-security-related social gathering. We're here! It's rewarding work. 

tldutton
ISC2 Team

You can always reach out to me directly.  23 years in the Air Force (1985-2008) and a CISSP since 2009.  

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Dave_Kennedy @pastramionrye7 

I'm going to reach out to you to see if you are willing to help me with a blog for Military/Veterans transitioning into Cybersecurity. You can self-submit for CPE credits for assisting with this. 

Thanks so much!

ISC2 Community Manager
tolda3000
Newcomer I

SALUTE! I know I am a little late to this but, from vet to vet, congrats to you just the same! Welcome to the lighter dark-side 🙂

I hope that you and yours are enjoying the fruits of your efforts to continually expand your knowledge. It is a great example for children, nephews and nieces, at the very least. I am now working on certification myself, I prioritized delivery over my personal education/certification.

It cannot go understated that having these certifications are valuable to assure companies that you know your stuff and would be an asset to their team. 

Be well!