Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Question about CPE's

I know these are silly questions but I have heard conflicting unofficial answers on both.

If a person in the first year of their CISSP cycle earned 145 Type A credits, is that enough for all three years or do they have to earn a minimum of 40 CPE's every year?

How does one enter and confirm the listening of Security related Podcasts as CPE's.  Is it a requirement to write a report?

Paul

4 Replies
CISOScott
Community Champion

you have to do some each year.

amandavanceISC2

Hello @Radioteacher! Thank you for your inquiry. If a member earns 145 CPEs in year one and then does not earn any CPEs the following two years, they will still renew at the end of their three-year cycle (as long as their AMFs were all paid as well). At this time, we are not enforcing the suspension policy, so as long as members are meeting the three-year renewal requirements by their expiration date, they will still renew on time. However, we still recommend to spread out earning the CPEs to enhance your education throughout the three-year certification cycle. We also recommend doing this as members can rollover up to 40 Group A CPEs if earned in excess to the 120 within the last six months of the three-year cycle. The 40 rollover credits will count towards year one of the new three-year cycle. 

When submitting CPEs for listing to podcasts, the entry would go under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance (round to the nearest quarter hour if needed). If you submission is selected for random audit, proof can be a summary of the podcast, or even a screenshot of the podcast in your viewing history.

I hope this helps answer your questions!

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Radioteacher
Community Champion

@amandavanceISC2 thank you for clearing up the confusion on CPE's.

I could not agree more on spreading them out and continual learning.  I always look for CPE opportunities and try to add them as soon as they are earned.

I have sent a tweet to Overcast.FM because I do not see a way to look at podcast history on their interface.  I use it for the excellent feature set. I can set a priority on certain podcasts (like Internet Stormcast) and start listening on one device then stop.  Later I can finish up the podcast on a different device.  

Thank you,

Paul 

amandavanceISC2

@Radioteacher I agree, those are definitely great features when listening to podcasts. Worse case scenario, if the CPE is selected for audit, a brief summary is accepted as well. You would want to include the podcast number, name, etc... It doesn't have to be too long, just show what the podcast taught you.

Thank you,

Amanda