cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohamedelbadraw
Newcomer I

Members count page not updated

Hello,
I wanted to inquire about the status of the ISC2 members count page. Despite it being February 2023, the page has not yet been updated. Have there been any updates or reasons for this delay?
42 Replies
rexchung
Newcomer I

I have emailed the customer service but the staff refused to give the number. What should I do?

Narsil
Newcomer III

@rexchung wrote:

I have emailed the customer service but the staff refused to give the number. What should I do?

Hold them accountable by plastering this all over reddit? I honestly don't understand this hostility to the member base over this past year. There have been far too many odd goings on ever since some members disputed the proposed bylaws updates, and all that then ensued afterwards.

Reduced member benefits, magazine retired, reduced webinars for non-US regions, chapters going AWOL for over a year, a renaming of the association through the dropping of the "squared", and now this.

ss198939
Viewer

Can you also tell, What is the count for CCSP Certified ?

dicksonfu
Newcomer II

I am interested to know the number of CCSP vs CCSK.

dicksonfu
Newcomer II

I am not convinced the reason discontinues the member count.

Any channel allows member to bring this up to the board?

baguswardana
Viewer II

https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts

link is not valid, redirect to /about

jchorlton
Viewer

Please provide the member counts by Country.   It really helps when we are trying to justify whether to use ISC2 or ISACA.

Seems really short sighted to remove it.   Unless there is something to hide?

dicksonfu
Newcomer II

ISC2 has used to be open and transparent. The discontinue of the member count by country/region and then later completely wiped out any info about the member statistic sending a negative message to the ISC2 members as well as the cybersecurity community.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@jchorlton 

@jchorlton wrote:

Please provide the member counts by Country. 

A: This information is no longer shared for public consumption. Please reach out to the support team if you need more information: www.isc2.org/contact-us 

ISC2 Community Manager
N3C4
Viewer II

Something is very foggy regarding all of this i must say, since last year, now the count is more than 600 000 , thats insane, more and more i am seeing regular IT guys from India and similar countries bragging with CISSP... This used to be credible certificate for experts in IT and Cyber Security, now to be honest it's not appealing at all.... disgrace.