Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tparker
Newcomer II

InterSeC v2?

Two years ago (ICS)2 closed their previous web forum InterSec. When this happened all of the knowledge and experience that had been shared on that forum disappeared overnight. Nothing was left of the effort that the community had put into it.

Knowing that history, I'm a little apprehensive about becoming involved in the new forum. It would be very comforting to know that some thought has been put into potential succession plans up front this time.

Has (ISC)2 put thought into ways of preserving the knowledge shared in this new forum, in the event that it cannot be maintained intact?

2 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @tparker,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the Community. I completely understand your hesitation with engaging in the Community and I hope to help ease any of your concerns. Our team has thought out the longevity of this Community, and we plan on the Community being around for the long haul. If anything were to change, we will seek to archive the content and place it somewhere that is accessible to our members. Your engagement and sharing within the Community will not only help people today, but we will also work to ensure that it will be around to help people in the future, too.

If you have any further concerns about this, please do not hesitate to reply here, reach out to me directly, or send an email to community@isc2.org.

Thank you,  

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
tparker
Newcomer II

It's great to hear that you're thinking about these issues. However, I would strongly encourage you to not wait to start forming concrete plans. (ISC)^2 lost everything when its previous partner changed. (ISC)^2 has now selected a new partner for it's web forum, but it's hard not to feel like past mistakes are being repeated.

Litium, your partner for this forum, was recently acquired by a venture capital firm. It's not too difficult to imagine that, once again, your partner may make changes to the service such that (ISC)^2 will need to terminate the service. What, specifically, will happen to the content when that occurs?

Any (ISC)^2 certified members will immediately be able to say why it's important to make plans before such an event happens. Having recently gone through this exact thing, the (ISC)^2 web group should be just as quick at spotting the risks.