cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankitnkgpt
Newcomer I

CISSP Exam ID Rejection by Pearson VUE Despite having Valid Government ID Proof

Dear ISC Community Team,

I am writing to address a critical issue that arose during my scheduled CISSP exam ,
Dated April 9, 2024, at 08:00 AM at the Pearson VUE Professional Test Center in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Despite traveling a considerable distance of 500 kilometers from Indore, Madhya Pradesh to Ahmedabad G, Gujarat.

Note: - Pearson VUE Professional Center is not located in Indore (MP)

I encountered unexpected challenges upon arrival at the test center. Upon presenting my identification documents, including my
1. Driving license Government of Madhya Pradesh ID Card
2. Aadhar card Government of India ID Card
3. Voter Identity Card car Government of India ID Card 

All Government ID have Valid Name and Validity Date 

Following Certification Body Including Pearson VUE Accepted Same Government ID for Following Exams 

Pearson VUE  [Same Driving License  Government ID is Accepted]
Following Certification obtained 
1. VMware Certification  VMware VCP VCAP 
2. Microsoft Certification Azure Architect 

3. AWS Certification  Professional Architect 
4. IBM Cloud Certification  Cloud Professional 

5. Fortinet Security  NSE7 

PSI International for Exam  [Same Driving License  Government ID is Accepted]

1. Nutanix Certification  NCP 

Redhat Training and Certification  [Same Driving License  Government ID is Accepted]
 1. RHCA  Redhat Certified Architect

RHCA  7*RHCE which is highest level of Redhat Certification  

Same Government ID is Accepted by 
1. Indian Railway for Ticket On Boarding by Ticket Check [Government of India Body]
2. Hotel Check-In , need to provide a Valid Government ID  [Govern by Local State Law Gujrat ]

I was dismayed to be informed that they were not acceptable for reasons that require immediate clarification.

Details of the Incident:

• Test Center: Pearson VUE Professional Test Center, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
  • Pearson Case ID:  11183151

The exam center staff rejected my IDs, citing the following reasons:

1. Blurry Photo on Driving License: Despite being a generally used and valid document for 10 years,
    I would like to emphasize that while there may be minor imperfections due to wear and tear, the photo remains clearly visible and meets the requisite standards for identification purposes.

2. Plastic Material of Voter ID and Aadhar Card: My voter ID and Aadhar card were dismissed solely because they are made of plastic. However, both documents are original, valid, and contain clear, visible photos. Plastic ID cards are widely recognized and accepted for official purposes across the country and issued by Government of India 

Given the substantial effort 
1. cost incurred in traveling to the exam center,
2. coupled with the significant financial investment associated with the CISSP exam—costing $749 plus an additional $50 USD—
3. Exam Prepare Time Required for over Past 6-8 Months of Dedication 

it is imperative to ensure that administrative hurdles do not impede candidates' opportunities for professional advancement.

Therefore, I urgently appeal ISC2 as Exam Sponsor  for your intervention to either permit the use of my current IDs for the exam or facilitate a prompt rescheduling at no additional cost.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and a favorable resolution.

Sincerely,

To expedite the resolution of this matter, I can attach a scan copy of with Including All my case ID for your review and reference.

Note: in Community Post I can not Share Original Soft Copy of ID Card and Referense Document.
Please let me know Email Address so i can Share Details 

Please Let me know where i Can put Supporting Documents for Proper Check 

Please Help me Out on that situation.

Ankit Gupta 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mariatirado
Community Manager

Hello @ankitnkgpt - We apologize for this inconvenience. Can you please reach out to examadministration@isc2.orgThey should be able to assist you on this. Thanks!

1 Reply
mariatirado
Community Manager

Hello @ankitnkgpt - We apologize for this inconvenience. Can you please reach out to examadministration@isc2.orgThey should be able to assist you on this. Thanks!