Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ja1222
Viewer II

CCSP Experience Requirements - Certificates that Fulfill 1 Year of Experience

I provisionally passed the CCSP exam 2 weeks ago and currently an Associate of ISC2. I'm a bit confused on the requirements to become a CCSP. I noticed that CISSP offers to substitute one year of experience if another particular certificate is also held. But for the CCSP, only CCSK is offered as a substitute for 1 year of experience.

I was wondering whether this has changed and if additional certificates were added to the list of experience substitution? Particularly, I have GIAC and AWS certs, which would count for substitution with CISSP, but not quite sure if it's the same with CCSP?

1 Reply
michcris
ISC2 Team

Congratulations on passing your exam.   Please understand that each credential is individual, and therefore the requirements for each are going to be different.  The experience requirements for CCSP have not changed.

CSA’s CCSK certificate is the only certification that will waive 12 months off the 60 month experience requirement for CCSP.  

Earning the CISSP certification can be substituted for the entire 60 month experience requirement for CCSP.