Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Microsoft ties executive pay to security following multiple failures and breaches

Hi All

An interesting statement on Microsoft security:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/05/microsoft-ties-executive-pay-to-security-foll...

Regards

Caute_Cautim

1 Reply
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I think I might be getting to a point of being more outspoken. Good or bad, I just don't know!

While the problems at Microsoft are an issue it's not where the focus should be! We have so many companies not applying patches or going proper backups, but Microsoft is the bigger headline so let's turn a blind eye to everyone else! Where is the US version of GDPR? How about a law that requires companies to publish what they did wrong and what they should have did to prevent a breach? Oh, we should have installed that year old patch, we should have had regularly tested backup, we should be using PIM so when that person tried to log in with those stolen credentials they would have been flagged and challenged!

It still amazes me that with the money lost from these breaches they still refuse to hire and pay security people! Labor shortage my butt! I'm still looking, but that will be another post As I said, I'm starting to become more outspoken...

John-