cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkleung
Newcomer II

CCSP exam certification

Hello HK Chapter, 

Are any of you working on your next certification? I have recently completed my CCSP training, and unfortunately, I did not pass the CCSP exam in August. The instructor lead training from ISC2 did not help me to pass the exam. It was hard due to the complexity of the exam questions and reading the CBK from front to back, this did not help.  

I have re-enrolled in the self-paced ISC2 online track, starting from the beginning, and I plan to retake the exam before the end of the year with another $599.00 exam fee (USD). 

If any of you are CCSPs and have any advice, tips, etc, please let me know. By the way, practice exams did not help. I was scoring about 90%+ on practice exams but the real exam did not even come close to any of the 500+ practice questions I worked on 😞 

Thanks in advance, 

Daniel K. Leung (CISSP)

2 Replies
swh5a01
Newcomer III

Hey Daniel,
Sam again. For CCSP, you better considered the why behind the question. Always asking why the question need to had these four option will help.
Second, go through the CSA CAIQ, think about the CAIQ questionnaire audit items and try to ask yourself why.
Third, try to write your own book. I mean wrote the CCSP book for yourself based on the exam outline.
Last but not least, understand the reasons behind the FedRAMP item.
This is the tactics that I used to crack the CCSP.
Sam
dkleung
Newcomer II

Hello Sam - Thanks for the information and tips. I am resetting to focus on all the domains and prep for my next test date. I am targeting to retake the exam before the end of the year. 

Regards, 

Daniel