cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaynevado
Newcomer II

Urgent Issue with CISSP-ISSAP Exam - Seeking Help

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a significant problem this morning with my recent CISSP-ISSAP exam, and I'm hoping to get some guidance or insights from the community.

Here's what happened:
1. I agreed to the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and proceeded to the next screen to begin my exam.

2. However, as soon as I reached the screen just before the actual exam, where it instructs you to hit "Next," the exam abruptly ended without allowing me to start.

3. I immediately sought assistance from the exam proctor. She asked if I accepted the NDA which I did, then she contacted Pearson VUE support for assistance. Unfortunately, despite their efforts, they couldn't restart the exam.

4. The test administrator filed a case with Pearson VUE to investigate the issue, and I have a case number for reference.

My concerns:
I used my first attempt voucher for this exam, and I also have a retake voucher from the August "Peace of Mind" promotion, which is valid until November 15, 2023. Given the circumstances, I'm worried about the impending expiration of my voucher and my certification timeline.

I would like to inquire if there's any possibility to reschedule my first attempt voucher exam before September 30, 2023 or later to avoid any further delays.

The exam proctor has submitted a report to Pearson Vue, and I plan to follow up with Pearson Technical Support next Monday to expedite the resolution process.

Any advice or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue or successfully rescheduled their exam under such circumstances?

Thank you for your help!
23 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Best for you to contact Member Support.  Did the exam supervisor provide any paper work to you?

@AndreaMoore would you be kind enough to forward this internally?

Regards

d

jaynevado
Newcomer II

@dcontesti 

The exam supervisor only provided me with the case number and failed printout of the result.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to take the exam this month as yesterday was counted as my first attempt and I'll have to wait 30 free days for the 2nd take. Unless Pearson Vue can reverse it. My August Peace of Mind promotion is completely useless now.

@AndreaMoore  Any advice on how to get this issue reversed by making my first attempt not count and reissue me a September Peace of Mind promotion?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@jaynevado You'll need to seek assistance from our exam admin team on this: examadministration@isc2.org 

Please have all your documentation like a Pearson Vue case number, etc. when you speak with them. You can call and speak with someone using the contact info here: https://www.isc2.org/contact-us

ISC2 Community Manager
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

Thank you for contacting ISC2 via the Community Board. I will send you a private Message.
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@jaynevado 
I see you have reached out to our Exam Administration team with your issue. I have assigned your case to myself, and I will contact you via email from Exam Administration.

heatmizer6
Newcomer I

Hi,

This exact thing happened to me this morning 26 Sept. I also have a retake voucher and don't this to be used as my first take.

jaynevado
Newcomer II

@heatmizer6 Also experienced an issue with ISSAP? Please email examadministration@isc2.org

so they can take a look at what's going on.

@AndreaMoore Other candidates may be experiencing similar issues.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@heatmizer6 Can you please reach out to examadministration@isc2.org as well and provide your details and information? 

ISC2 Community Manager
heatmizer6
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea,

I sent an email this morning.  I'm interested to know if this has happened to others. I'm in Bahrain on a US Navy base. It kind of took me by surprise and had me doubting myself until I found this thread. Hopefully this issue can be fixed promptly.