Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FsK
Newcomer I

Unable to get answer from support

I've been trying to get support for 3 days, about a problem with the exam payment.

After several phone calls, someone finally answered with a brief 'we will call you back' - No calls received

Emails to info-emea@isc2 and adminlearn@isc2 didn't even get an 'email received, we are working on it' reply

The website chat, radio silence too

Is there someone on the other side? How on earth can someone get a reply from ISC2 support?

I am very frustrated and seriously considering giving up on CISSP and moving on to CISM / ISACA right now...

PS: What I did receive was a customer support satisfaction survey... Something is really broken in the process

21 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Hey FSK, sorry to hear that. It might be that the holiday period is elongating things. Maybe if you share the issue here one of the moderators can raise the issue?
FsK
Newcomer I

I was buying the CISSP exam 'peace of mind' offer. I tried several times, different credit/debit cards (with enough credit/funds), kept receiving a 'card declined' message. Checked with my bank, they say everything is working fine on their end, and that at every attempt a 0 USD charge was received, instead of the 948 USD.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Sorry to hear,  let's try asking @AndreaMoore or @Kaity to stick handle internally.

Or you could reach out to the Board (try @dhouser )

Typically, this error is them.  I could not pay my fees online and it turned out to be an (ISC)2 error, once I got a live person, the issue was resolved in minutes.

d

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@dcontesti do you envisage the creation of an exam question in which the availability and correct function of the online payment systems is the ultimate responsibility of the board..?
dhouser
Newcomer III

As much as I would love to jump in and help, it's not in members' best interest, because we're volunteers that aren't staffed like Member Services, and tend to give enthusiastic but bad service compared with our professional support staff.  In fact, it's against policy: Board Communication Policy (isc2.org)  Boards of directors should be "eyes in, fingers out" as a matter of good governance.  Interceding w/ support calls is definitely "fingers in", even though I care very much.

Per the policy...

The Board believes that matters dealing with ISC2 general business operations, including certifications, exams, AMFs, and CPE credits, current and future financial results, strategic direction, and similar matters are most appropriately addressed by management. The Board of Directors will not respond to general member inquiries. As such, Member requests related to general business operations should be sent via email to: MemberServices@isc2.org.

-Dan Houser

-ddh__________
Dan Houser, CISSP-ISSAP-ISSMP CSSLP CCSP
dcontesti
Community Champion

Not asking for you to be fingers in, asking that you speak with your one employee and alert them to the fact that Member Services is not responsible.  According to the policy that you forwarded "effective communication strengthens the Board’s role as an active, informed, and engaged fiduciary".  Fiduciary includes ensuring that management are providing the services that members require.

Additionally, the policy states: Member communications to the Board

• General Board oversight, including accounting, controls, auditing and related matters

This is an accounting issue that affects many of us.

You are the Member's rep and were elected on promises that included improving Member Service.

One way to do that is to let management know that there are issues and folks are having issues, still not fingers in.

BTW:  Remember WE the members own the organisation

FsK
Newcomer I

Thank you for the replies. I still haven't heard from support, although it's been the weekend, plus Christmas and boxing day.

I tried the web form a while ago, maybe I will have more luck there...

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello all and happy new year!

We did have a smaller number of staff covering the holiday season and we appreciate everyone's patience.

Kaity
Community Manager

@FsK - In reviewing your initial post, I suspect your queries may have been delayed in getting a response due to the email addresses you used. Please do check the Contact Us page for the best email addresses, or when in doubt MemberSupport@isc2.org is always available. 

https://www.isc2.org/contact-us