Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lechehebsamia
Viewer II

URGENT! Need help !

I failed the free exam of certif cc ISC2.

So, i would to retake it .

Can I apply for another free voucher or retake with same old promocode?

Please i help me , i don't understand what i will do ?

25 Replies
JoePete
Advocate I

@tldutton wrote:

As the person responsible for the Exam Content Development Team, I can assure everyone on this board that there is a "wall" between my team and the education/publication teams. 

I don't know if this "wall" is such a good idea for the CC. Whereas something like the CISSP is a validation of experience, the CC is basically an achievement test - do you have this entry-level knowledge? To me, in the case of the CC, you need to build the CBK first and then test against it. If the left hand is making the exam and the right is making the instructional material, I'm not sure that's a good recipe for an entry-level type exam. 

Again, something like the CISSP is very different where anything regarding security is fair game. You're testing whether someone has the accumulated knowledge that comes with many years experience. The CC is a zero experience certification. So what are we testing with the CC? This is the challenge I have as someone who does hiring. Other than the broad outline, I have no idea what is on the exam. 

abhattac5
Newcomer III

Once taken/failed, apparently one can no longer take again for free.  In the FAQs.

Link:  https://www.isc2.org/Landing/1MCC 

If I do not pass the exam the first time, can I take it again for free?

A:

No. You are only permitted one free attempt at the CC exam through the One Million Certified in Cybersecurity pledge. If you would like to attempt the exam again, we recommend purchasing a training bundle and exam together. 

denbesten
Community Champion

@JoePete wrote:
I don't know if this "wall" is such a good idea for the CC.

Presuming the goal for CC to remain ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 certified, this likely is not an option.  Doing so would likely result in loss of 17024 and effectively turn it into a certificate course.  

Whether it should be a certificate course or a certification is a related, but different discussion.

JoePete
Advocate I

@denbesten wrote:
Presuming the goal for CC to remain ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 certified, this likely is not an option.  Doing so would likely result in loss of 17024 and effectively turn it into a certificate course.  

Whether it should be a certificate course or a certification is a related, but different discussion.

It's a fair point, and it also underscores my larger concerns, which you allude to as that "related, but different discussion."  Ethically speaking, If we as a body are truly disinterested in "teaching to a test," what then are we doing by designing cert primarily so that it will comply with ANSI? Aren't we just certifying to the test?

I'm with the direction you are going in. If the goal here is to provide and validate a foundational knowledge of security, then let's do it and do it well. And what we end up with is a great course with a good assessment exam - yes, perhaps a certificate, and not a certification. In my circles, I've had this conversation dozens of times over the past couple of decades. It would be great to have a manageable training program you can send new hires through. To me, that is a much more evident need in the industry. Maybe I am naive on this, but I don't really care about ANSI. Let's solve a need, and if we do it well, the industry will respond. 

yamontijo
ISC2 Team

@lechehebsamia Thank you for contacting ISC2 via the community board. I will send you a private message. 

yamontijo
ISC2 Team

@lechehebsamia, Once you're registered to sit for free using the promo code, all future CC registration in your name must be purchased at cost. If you have further questions regarding a CC voucher, please email examadminstation@isc2.org