cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberCat30
Viewer

Taking the SSCP before the CC exam

Hello Everyone,

I am scheduled to take the SSCP exam on January 7th, 2024 and feel pretty confident in passing the exam. I saw the CC exam was free for the first 1 million, so I also scheduled myself for that exam. Issue is that the CC is schedule on January 20th, 2024. Will I not be allowed to take it since it would be after I passed the SSCP? The reason I wanted to take it is because I have no experience in IT but I am in school for cybersecurity and another cert wouldn't hurt as I try to get my foot in the door. Plus the CC requires no experience so I would be a member of ISC2 instead of an associate of ISC2. Thoughts?

Note: Looks like I can cancel the CC for free if it will be an issue. 

2 Replies
CyberCat30
Viewer

Just saw I could reschedule the exam for free so I moved it to January 6th 2024. Shouldn't be a problem right?
denbesten
Community Champion

Here is ISC2's FAQ....

Q: I already have an ISC2 certification or am an Associate of ISC2. Can I participate in this free program?

A: No. This One Million Certified in Cybersecurity pledge is intended to bring new individuals into the field of cybersecurity and provide them with their first certification. Therefore, the program is not available for anyone who already holds an ISC2 certification or the Associate of ISC2 status. However, if would like to take the CC exam, or course, you may do so by purchasing a CC bundle.