Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ichire
Viewer II

Pearson VUE exam center for Nigerians

Hi everyone I’m new to cybersecurity but I just completed the CC course and would like to register for the exam. I went on the Pearson VUE site to search for centers in Nigeria that I can go for the exam and the closest one to my location is in Port harcourt.

However where I find it confusing is the tab labelled “select a qualification”, from the drop down I can see is Edexcel, pls I don’t know if the CC exam falls under this qualification, can anyone clarify for me? Thanks
8 Replies
yamontijo
ISC2 Team

@Ichire Thank you for contacting ISC2 via the community board. I will send you a private message. 

Onyekwelu
Viewer

Good Afternoon sir, please i want to make enquires about ISC2 Centers in Nigeria... @yamontijo 

CuteJ
Viewer

Good day, sir. Please, is there no Port Harcourt center for the CC exam?

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

There actually are no ISC2 centres, they are all from Pearson VUE. In fact Pearson VUE will be franchising out so these centres are probably affiliates/partners.

It looks like the more planning needed to be conducted when offering CC globally as the economic realities of travel are huge in developing nations, and Nigeria has a population of 230 Million - bound to be some aspirational folk there following the marketing. I’m less worried about established people in the industry traveling(after all they have better financial resources), but they should be considered as well.

@yamontijo this should probably have more than a private message, but needs a sticky FAQ in the community and if test centre access is a big problem for substantial numbers of people in a country then it should be called out well in advance of the sign-up as people can then plan before synching the time, money(in this case for other certs and CC retakes) and effort.

Best searchable thing I can find from Pearson VUEs site is this below, there might be a better place but it should go up with a big old linked Test Centre FAQ front and centre in the exam marketing.

https://home.pearsonvue.com/Clients/HPE/africa_voucher_steps-11-9-15.aspx

HYCIENTH
Viewer II

Please I want to know the exam centre in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State?

EmJay
Newcomer I

Please @yamontijo I'm trying to schedule my exam on Pearson website but the centres I'm seeing are like 456 km far from me. Is there anything I can do?
yamontijo
ISC2 Team

Our exams can only be delivered in an approved Pearson VUE testing center. Not all Pearson VUE testing centers are ISC2-authorized testing centers. I wish you the best of luck should you decide to travel.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@yamontijo

It might be good to look at the CC landing page and the advertising campaigns and temper some of the more ‘breathy’ marketing words with a modicum of reality in the form of a set of checks or a FAQ to consider before people commit hopes, time, register as a candidate and do the training, especially as it’s not trivial to travel several hundred miles for many people, and of course an offer of a free exam and training with it’s setting of limitless expectations is likely to tempt those who might not have the means to do so.

To re-iterate on this, could you look into how this can have some better sanity checks built in for candidates who might find it difficult to get to a test centre please? Thank you.

@EmJay, Cutej, HYCIENTH, Ichire and Oyekwelu PM me and I’ll see if there is anything I can do to help.

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cc

https://www.isc2.org/landing/1mcc?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyeWrBhDDARIsAGP1mWQ2l2Rn1Sck3N3botKBm5kitLOPAI7Pbh_W...