Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxim-Masiutin
Newcomer II

Are certified ISC2 members eligible for a free CC exam?

Are certified ISC2 members eligible (such as those with SSCP or CISSP certification) for a free CC exam + self-paced training?

There are links on the website that ISC2 candidates are eligible, but if the certified ISC2 members are also eligible, what is the link?

7 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

I would think the answer was Yes, however let's ask the folks that know the answer.

@CBMExamTeam Can you assist or does this one belong to Member Services?

d

Maxim-Masiutin
Newcomer II

Thank you! I submitted a Contact Form https://www.isc2.org/contact-us today with that question.

JMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@Maxim-Masiutin Thank you for contacting ISC2 via this Community board. I will send you a private message.

JMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@Maxim-Masiutin Thank you for contacting ISC2 via this Community Board. I will send you a private message to further assist you.

Maxim-Masiutin
Newcomer II

Thank you for your help, however, I see no reason why this should be replied to in a private message, it is general information that should be available to the public.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Maxim-Masiutin 

According to https://www.isc2.org/landing/1mcc under the FAQ section:

Q: I already have an ISC2 certification or am an Associate of ISC2. Can I participate in this free program?

A: No. This One Million Certified in Cybersecurity pledge is intended to bring new individuals into the field of cybersecurity and provide them with their first certification. Therefore, the program is not available for anyone who already holds an ISC2 certification or the Associate of ISC2 status. However, if would like to take the CC exam, or course, you may do so by purchasing a CC bundle.

ISC2 Community Manager
Maxim-Masiutin
Newcomer II

Thank you for pointing to this FAQ section.

Are you aware of how the board justifies this concept then the members within an association have fewer rights than non-members?