cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tldutton
ISC2 Team

Resources and approaches to preparing for any ISC2 Exam

Hello,

I'm Terence (Terry) Dutton and as the Senior Exam Content Development Manager for ISC2 as well as a certified ISC2 member (CISSP, 2009), I'm in a unique position to provide a structured approach to preparing for any of our certification exams.  I can't go over actual exam content, but I can share what FREE resources ISC2 provides as well as the process I've used to successfully prepare for all of my certification exams (past and present) such as CISSP, PMP, MCSE: Security, and CCNA.

Just send me an IM on this platform and I'll reach out to you.

53 Replies
jpelaezcardenas
Newcomer I

Hi! Many thanks For helping
jordan231
Reader I

Hello sir, thank you for the post.I am Bitjocka Jordan and i am intrested to know the process that you have used to successfully prepare for all of you'r certifications exams. thank you
QANiniM
Viewer II

Hi Terry, 

I'm interested on those FREE resources to prepare me for the ISC2 cert exams! 

Thanks for the offer!

Residentc
Viewer

Hello. I have a long history of over 10 years in IT support with certificates ranging from A+,ITIL, MCITP,AZ900 and CCNA. I am fascinated by the thought of doing CISSP. Is it possible that i can jump into this realm with this backround. Anyone to advice please. I am in the early 50's

Residentc
Viewer

Hello,
Mine is a bit different and would ask for advice.Hello. I have a long history of over 10 years in IT support with certificates ranging from A+,ITIL, MCITP,AZ900 and CCNA. I am fascinated by the thought of doing CISSP. Is it possible that i can jump into this realm with this backround. Anyone to advice please. I am in the early 50's

tldutton
ISC2 Team

@Residentc check out this page: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cissp/cissp-experience-requirements

The certifications you hold are immaterial in reference to taking/earning the CISSP; your actual work experience is what is assessed during the endorsement process.

Compare what you have actually done against the most current exam outline which goes "live" on 15 April 2024.

Remember that cybersecurity elements are integrated into almost all IT management responsibilities.

EdGyasi
Newcomer I

Hello Sir, I’m Edward Gyasi, from Ghana, West Africa. Kindly assist me with the materials for my exam, which is on the 12th of April, my emails are ekuoba92@gmail.com and edgyasi92@gmail.com, thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon.
LD-1119
Viewer II

Quick question..  

I had a few colleagues tell me to study for the CISSP and I shoud be able to pass the SSCP.  Do you recommend this approach.  Again hearing the succuss mais making me consider.  They said it help with anxiety of the CISSP when they took it. And all passed both exams SSCP and CISSP.  Just wanted to know your thoughts.

Robert_Morgan
Viewer

Hi Terry,

Could you please share anything 'CISSP' via r.mugisha@btinternet.com, that can effectively prepare me for my CISSP exam?

Will appreciate anything Terry. Thanks.

Rob

Nanaphil
Viewer

I have a CC examination, and I want to know how to prepare towards the exams.

Thank you.