cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxschzh
Viewer III

Exam language level

Hello There

Recently I passed my CC exam and now looking forward to pass SSCP in march.

However I did not find CC difficult at all. Beside the great study material provided by ISC2, I also found the professional experience very helpful.

But... Is it only me, or did somebody else also found the language used in the exam difficult? I realized that the language used in the assessments provided by ISC2 in the free course was totally different, than the language used in the exam.

Has somebody an advice for me? Because I think the SSCP, and CISSP exam will be the same.

Sunny greetings

Regards,

Max

4 Replies
DJExamTeam
ISC2 Team

Hello,

I've responded via private message.

ISC2 Exam Administration

JoePete
Advocate I

@maxschzh wrote:

But... Is it only me, or did somebody else also found the language used in the exam difficult? I realized that the language used in the assessments provided by ISC2 in the free course was totally different, than the language used in the exam.

I can't speak to any inconsistency between the prep materials and the exam - other than the caveat that exam creation is independent and isolated from the education side of things (such inconsistency, especially with a new exam is very possible). More broadly, I think you will find every certifying body to a bit parochial (if not pedantic) about language. Bear in mind the SSCP and CISSP have a lot more time under their belt. I'd expect more consistency between test prep material and the exam. While such vocabulary nuances can seem frustrating, for better or worse it reflects the industry. We can get pretty darn picky about our words.

DJExamTeam
ISC2 Team

Hello,

Responded to your inquiry via private message.

Thank you

cgoyard
Newcomer I

Hi,

I noticed the same. I trained with ISC2 and Mike Chappel's tests, and on the exam day, the language used in questions felt a bit strange.

I talked with a CISSP friend and he told me this wording shift was typical. This makes it somewhat more difficult for non-native English speakers like me.