Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_M007
Community Champion

Next training challenges - what would you like to accomplish? Let me know...

Hello all,

I am wondering what you all are considering as next steps in your learning objectives? Are you planning to brush upon technical issues such as DevSecOps? Are you looking more at securing operations and continuity of service? Are Agile methodologies where you want to go? SDDC, SDN, Everything as a Service.

Seems like taking a sip out of the ol' fire hose. 😉

So don't be shy! What's on the radar?

4 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@j_M007 wrote:

So don't be shy! What's on the radar?

Well I would like to say "retirement planning" but alas it is not to be for a while.

So, I am concentrating on Privacy.  With all the new laws that are being tossed into the mix, it is becoming apparent that I need to stay current.

We just got past GDPR and are beginning to hear about the violations and fines that are happening.  Now we hear about CCPA (supposedly coming in January 2020) and Washington states' new law, also the Data Care Act in the US.  Couple these with Canada and New Zealand talking about proposed new laws, and I am left wondering where it will end and whether we can find a one stop technology solution.

My nickel

Diana

j_M007
Community Champion

Does CCPA have extraterritorial force the way GDPR does?

dcontesti
Community Champion

CCPA (California Consumer Protection Act) does apply to any company (local, regional, global) that has data on an individual in California..........

However currently the law is still being worked on and is expected to be finalized in June 2019....going into affect January 1, 2020.  

The penalties are not as stiff as GDPR and it "seems" to apply to very large organization only.

Here's one link if you are interested:

https://www.caprivacy.org/about

Not much on the Washington state law yet.....will post later.

Regards

d

j_M007
Community Champion

Thanks, how do you think this plethora of laws will affect Canadian organizations?