Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalexander_
Newcomer I

Hands-On Training

Many of us who are new to the field may be struggling to find a job with just the CC. I've been on LinkedIn and some Facebooks groups and just wanted to share some advice I've been given. TryHackMe.com and HackTheBox.com are free resources with additional content you can pay for. I've heard from recruiters and a guy who was recently interviewed, they say employers do suggest using these sites for training purposes. It's not guaranteed to land you a job they do respect these trainings and do hold some weight when listed on your resume. From the feedback I've been given, it go under a training or projects heading on a resume. I'm not the most familiar with HackTheBox but on TryHackMe, there are several learning paths you can take and at a glance it covers a lot of topics. They have beginners courses, cyber defense, soc analyst, red teaming, pen test and I think a few others. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone trying to make their resume pop with some experience.

2 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

This would be great to share with the CC certification group as well! If you have the CC cert you can join:  https://community.isc2.org/t5/CC-Group/gh-p/CC_group 

ISC2 Community Manager
Kalexander_
Newcomer I

I'll go ahead and share this there too.