cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonali
Viewer

Guidance for Career progress in IT Security

Hello IT Secuirty Experts,

I am looking for guidance to progress in my career in IT security. Currently, I am working with a fortune 500 as an IT security analyst for the last 2 Years. 

I am working on my development goals. I need your help to build on long term goals. I am looking for IT security professionals in the long run. 

Need you to help with certification, Learning topics, Forums to join, networking, Job opportunity, etc.

A little bit about my experience  I completed my graduation and a post-graduate diploma in computer science. Then I started my career as a Software engineer with Java. Currently working as an IT security engineer.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank You...

1 Reply
msaikumar87
Newcomer I

IT security is quite broad and we need to understand which area of it you want to penetrate. Coming from programming is definitely a plus if want to venture into offensive side of security. No matter what preparing and having cissp will help to get well versed and introduce you with various security concepts that are out there and is great starting point. Once having it you may decided which specific side of secuirty you want to venture for long term