Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supilath
Newcomer II

Passed CSSLP examination (12- December- 2023)

Passed CSSLP exam on December 12, 2023. It was my first attempt, have used CSSLP CBK 5-Day Online Instructor-Led as well Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning and Udemy CSSLP trainings. I had access to 'Official ISC2 CSSLP Digital Textbook 6th Edition’, though not read end to end, as I am more an Auditory & Visual learner. All of these trainings, (ISC)2 content not impressed me, seemed like Beta, as many mistakes and overall quality was much lower compared to my previous experiences with CAP and ISSEP (ISC)2 trainings. 

And in my view, CSSLP is not a tough exam, and would recommend (ISC)2 to bring in a higher in-depth certification on this space.

Sunil Pilathottathil
SAFe Practitioner, TOGAF, ASEP, SABSA-SCF, CISSP-ISSEP, CPISI, CIPT, DCPLA, CCSP, CISSP, CGRC, CISA, CISM

Perpetual Learner..!
5 Replies
gidyn
Contributor III

Thank you for your post. I'm studying for CSSLP, what areas would you advise me to focus on? Any other specific tips?
supilath
Newcomer II

CSSLP Examination Weights are almost evenly distributed through 8 domains, so it’s very difficult to give an additional focus to a specific domain. My advice, to be clear on the Secure SDLC concepts from initiation to disposition. Also, most of the questions are scenario based and you have to think like a Product Owner or Project Manager or CISO. And sometimes they ask for the best answer, and it might not be the best security control, but something that will give ‘Adequate Security’ under given conditions. So constraints like Return on Security Investments, technology challenges and competencies of the workforce etc., if question hint will influence your answer.

Sunil Pilathottathil
SAFe Practitioner, TOGAF, ASEP, SABSA-SCF, ISSEP, CPISI, CIPT, DCPLA, CSSLP, CCSP, CISSP, CGRC, CISA, CISM

Perpetual Learner..!
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Congratulations Supilath!

It always heartens me when folk certify in the CSSLP as it increases longevity of the cert and elevates the security of the code we write and the software modules we consume. 😉
orangesteel
Newcomer I

Congratulations! It's not an easy exam, but absolutely worthwhile as an investment in yourself.

Simon

CISSP | CCSP | CSSLP | CeH | CRISC | MCSE:S | TOGAF | CCNP | MSP:AP | Prince2:P | CWSA | CFIS | CSTP | ITIL:F | 27001 Lead Auditor

yc
Viewer II

Hi,
I'm preparing for CSSLP from ISC2 CBK 2nd edition, how can I get updated text book version to 'Official ISC2 CSSLP Digital Textbook 6th Edition?