Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntiEvil
Newcomer II

When will self study options be available for CGRC?

Looking for self study options for CGRC. I see a lot of folks asking for this, but very little action on the part of ICS2 to facilitate.

Other than reading old CAP books and/or publicly available NIST documents, are there any other options?

I am not interested in any form of instructor led "live" class. I'd be open to something similar to the CCSP online course.

When, ISC2, will you provide more options for those of us who prefer to self study?
19 Replies
jadetk
Newcomer I

Thank you!

Cyberdoc
Viewer

What's the interim solution for someone who wants to self-study and take the exam asap?
sharmagds
Newcomer I

Hi Kaity, any dates yet when there will ISC2 official guide to prepare for CGRC exam?  I am all set to start self-study / preparing for the exam, however do not have any latest book to study from.  I believe questions / answers also help a lot - is ISC2 working on the questions/answers also?  Appreciate your response ASAP!

Decho
Viewer II

I hope the new material that Kaity is referring to includes affordable self-study material. The only developments I have seen from ISC2 recently is online/adaptive self training. I am not interested in these expensive options that also do not suit my study style. I am looking for self study material that is affordable and available in hard copy so that I can annotate.

RyanLeVier
Newcomer I

Hi -

The last official resource was a book by Paul Howard titled “Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CAP CBK” the primary difference between that book and the current CBK was the move from NIST 800-37 Revision 1 to Revision 2 which added a step to the Risk Management Framework. A lot of the concepts remain the same.

If you’re taking the exam before June, you can use this study guide though it remains to be seen how much the exam will change when it refreshes in June:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MqdckHhLnVT3CZC5BCL_NovNYf1wYU5O/view?usp=drivesdk
mrmoon
Viewer III

Just a minor correction, it's Patrick rather than Paul and the book is really helpful but I'd recommend revising NIST standards mentioned in the Mango manual kindly provided Ryan.

https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/official-isc-2-r-guide/9781439820759/

coolrunner38
Viewer

Get it and Thank you Patrick

akucher
Viewer II

Hi Kaity,

is that new GGRC material/book will be ready for the new revision of CGRC exam that will take place in June 2024? Thanks.

C2CF
Viewer

@RyanLeVier Thank you so very much for sharing this. Also gave you a follow. As an individual, $2500 for the instructor-led online training course is just not feasible. 

Jeff_Godoy
Newcomer I

I fully agree, I have a strong preference for on-demand over Virtual-Instructor led. Actual in-classroom is not practical at all.