Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalzburgGirl
Newcomer I

Passed the CC: a few tips on preparing and taking the exam

Hi everyone! I passed my CC exam on my first try and wanted to reiterate what others have said in this forum already: 

- Use external study resources and do not rely on the official ISC2 material alone. I used Mike Chapple's LinkedIn Learning course and the CC practice tests on LinkedIn Learning. Without those, I don't think I would have passed so easily. 

- The questions are not straightforward. They were also not as nicely framed in e.g. stories/use cases as in the practice exams on LinkedIn, but rather short and abrupt. I am a near-native English speaker and I struggled with some of the wording/terminology. So, I recommend to reread the questions + answers if necessary. Sometimes it also helps to read the answers first

- Some questions seem to repeat, only worded slightly differently. This threw me off a bit, especially because you cannot go back and check or change a previous answer

- Some questions did not really fit in. This, I read, is due to some "experimental" content that does not count towards your score. 

- Do not spend too much time on each question, as your gut instinct will guide you in the right direction. It will be easy to spot the obvious wrong answers, but deciding on the correct one from the ones remaining can be tricky. 

- Also, do not spend too much time preparing for the exam. I did the practice tests twice each, and I ended up memorizing the questions + answers too much, i.e. got higher and higher scores. Since the actual exam is so different, there is no real benefit in doing practice tests over and over.  

I hope this helps whoever is still preparing!

2 Replies

Hi, 

Many thanks for sharing your experience and the advices given. I could not find Mike Chapple's LinkedIn Learning course and the CC practice tests on LinkedIn Learning. Would you mind sharing with me the links or providing more info how to find them? 

Many thanks!

Gretta 

jamensah2
Newcomer II

Thanks for the info