cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWALTERS
Newcomer III

CHAPTER MEETING: 29th July 2021

Hi All,

Just to notify you that the (ISC)2 WA Chapter will host a Chapter meeting on Thursday 29th July 2021.

Date: 29th July 2021

Time: From 16:30 - 18:30 (and networking afterwards)

Location: Upstairs "Restaurant Section" at the Grand Bar & Bistro, 150B St. Georges Tce, Perth WA 6000 - however will held virtually if WA COVID-19 lockdown restrictions remain.

Talk: Yes - Information Session.

Sponsor: TBC - contact @SWALTERS  or @RJL01 if interested.

Approximate Agenda:

16:30 - 16:45: Arrival, sign-in & drinks.

16:45 - 17:00: Chapter announcements and new business (if any).

~17:00 - 17:15: Encore performance - Brief on the new (May 2021) CISSP syllabus presented by @RJL01 

~17:15 - 18:05: Information Session (GRC focused) presented by @Cairo - "Risk OT for the BiscOT: A how-to guide for risk assessing operational technology"

~18:05 - 18:20: Any further announcements / Migrate to main bar.

~18:20 - onwards: Social networking at the bar for anyone who wishes to continue on.

Abstract for @Cairo's talk:

"Operational technology, that is, technology that controls physical processes, is a wily beast. It’s hard to update, expensive to replace, and mission critical for both production ($$) and safety. So how do you secure it? Twenty years ago, the answer was 'isolate it'. And for the most part, we have left it at that. But as systems become more reliant on interconnectivity, we need to think harder about the risks that our operational systems favourite and the controls needed to properly secure them from harm.
This talk will walk you through performing risk assessments on operational technology - what to consider, what to be concerned about, and most importantly, how this actually plays out in real life (with names and products redacted, of course)."

Please let us know in July if you can attend, so we can confirm numbers.

Have a good week to all in the meantime.

Regards,

Stewart.

14 Replies
WinstonJenkins
Newcomer I

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this one. I'm starting a new job on Thursday (sadly not infosec related).
burmanp
Viewer II

Hi,
I would love to attend if there a spot available.
-Prakrit
SWALTERS
Newcomer III

Sorry to hear @WinstonJenkins, look forward to seeing you at the next one though!

blinky
Newcomer I

I'll be attending today @SWALTERS
WhiteWolf85
Newcomer I

Apologies Stew, I won't be able to attend. But hopefully you all have a good session.

Cheers

Joel