Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor I

Re: Welcome - lets talk about ISC2 (no censorship) Closing of CISSP Forum

nice, if I had to guess, my money would be that the people creating this site have no concept of information security, and even if they do, they certainly care less about confidentiality than they do racking up kudos and badges to show everyone how wonderful the isc2 community is.

talk about useless metrics

Tags (1)
Community Champion

It's really hard to check out the privacy thing, but:

1) As jdl has pointed out, you can access profiles of members from outside the "community" without being signed in.  I have confirmed this myself, and note that it lists all my activity, including up to two hours ago, but does not include posts I made in the new "CISSP Group."

2) I have tested that you can search for topics in the main "community" and, when you get access to them, you get the whole thread including all replies.  It appears that you cannot search on the content of replies.  (That was the result in my initial tests, but during work today I found a result that may put that in question.)

3) In initial tests this morning, I have not been able to search on or access topics from the new "CISSP Group" via Google, without being signed on to the "community."  Per Baechle's post about timing, and per my test of my own profile, it should be long enough to say that the "CISSP Group" is not accessible if you are not logged in.

4) If you are logged in to the "community," you can see all the posts in the "CISSP Group," but, per various discussions, this might just be if you are, in fact, certified as a CISSP.  But you can see all the posts, even if you don't join the "group."  (You can't post until you join the "group.")

5) It appears to be easier and more comprehensive to search "labels" and "tags" from Google outside of the "community" than when you are signed on to the "community" itself, and using the search function.  (Check out http://lmgtfy.com/?q=see+the+amazing+dancing+CISSPs+and+all+their+discussions! )  Add site:community.isc2.org to search terms to make it easier to find.

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Highlighted
Community Champion

@rslade wrote:

4) If you are logged in to the "community," you can see all the posts in the "CISSP Group," but, per various discussions, this might just be if you are, in fact, certified as a CISSP.  But you can see all the posts, even if you don't join the "group."  (You can't post until you join the "group.") 

I am wondering if perhaps the group is only visible to those members who have the "CISSP badge". If so, there is irony that @Dain started both this topic and the one to opt out of badges.

@SamanthaO_isc2, are you allowed to confirm if this is the access control mechanism?  

Community Manager

Hello @denbesten

The permissions for the CISSP Group and the CISSP Badge (along with the other certification badges) is available through SSO, meaning that this is all based on information within your member account.  

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager