cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AurelieE
Newcomer I

Validate work experience before by CSSLP Exam

Hi, 

I'm looking forward to passing a CSSLP exam in a couple of years.

But before I need to know if last employe's work is enough to validate the work experience needed to validate the certification.

And I got a diploma Cybersecurity of software Engineer in France. So I wanted to know if that I need 3 or 4 years of work experience.
If someone is available to discuss about that and maybe validate a part of my work experience.

I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks

4 Replies
jaynevado
Newcomer II

To become an Associate of ISC2, no prior professional experience is needed, but you must successfully pass the CSSLP certification exam.

For the CSSLP required experience, you need a minimum of four years of professional work experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), specifically in one or more of the eight domains outlined by ISC2. Alternatively, you can substitute a four-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields for one year of the required experience. This means you either need the full four years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience that fulfills the criteria.

AurelieE
Newcomer I

Thanks for your answer.

And do you know how I can validate those work experience ?
denbesten
Community Champion

ISC2 is the only one who can authoritatively validate work experience and they only do so when formally submitted after one has passed an exam.  They do not offer a "pre-validation" option.

That said, any CSSLP can endorse your experience, so if you know an CSSLP, you might run your resume by them to see if they would be willing to endorse you (ISC2 puts great faith in an endorsement).

Early_Adopter
Community Champion