1) Why was a notice not sent to all members regarding the annual meeting?
2) Why was nothing posted on the isc2.org main website or in these Community forums?
3) Why were the proposed By-Laws amendments not shared with the membership for their comment prior to finalization by the Board?
4) Why does the Board not trust the Members to provide oversight of the Board? The new proposals eliminate any voting on Board members (only one candidate per slot), eliminates write-in votes, and raises petition threshold from 500 (already hard to obtain) to 1% of membership (about 1500 right now).
5) Why is the Ethics Committee being eliminated? Perhaps because the elimination of Board oversight is unethical?
6) Why are Standing Committee now explicitly consisting of Directors only?
7) Why was the petition threshold raised? Without the ability to send a message to all members anymore, meeting 500 has been impossible to obtain. Why not just eliminate petitions completely instead of providing a false sense of transparency?
I have many more questions, but I'm sure others do too, so they can respond below. I don't want to steal all the thunder.
Actually, the new by-laws are worse. It will make it so the membership has essentially no oversight whatsoever of the Board's activities. It also makes it more difficult to petition your way onto the Board "election" ballot, as if it were not difficult enough already. Further it even eliminates the write-in possibility.