Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor III

Petition to be on the Ballot for the 2022 ISC2 Board of Directors Election

Myself, Diana Contesti, and Richard Nealon are all trying to get onto the ballot for the upcoming ISC2 Board of Directors Election and need your support. For information about us and how you can help, see:

Stephen Mencik petition
Diana Contesti petition

Richard Nealon petition

Thanks for your support.

Stephen Mencik
CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP

61 Replies
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@Peter wrote

> Members really don't have a voice. 

I'd argue that Members DO have a voice. 

They have two important decisions that they can make each year:

1. To elect the leaders of the organisation that they entrust to decide strategy and policy on their behalf (as per the third Ethics canon "Provide diligent and competent service to principals."). We, the membership, are the Board's principals  
  2. Whether or not to renew their membership (pay their AMF)

The current Board have taken away the first decision from the members by APPOINTING new Board members for the next three year term.  Make no mistake, this year the Board have deprived the members of an election.

"We want to build member engagement" BS! Could they have chosen any better way to disengage the members?

There's only one decision that each of us have left in order to make our voice heard. 

mencik
Contributor III

@TrickyDicky wrote:

@Peter wrote

> Members really don't have a voice. 

I'd argue that Members DO have a voice. 

There's only one decision that each of us have left in order to make our voice heard. 

For those of us that the certification is a requirement for our jobs, we don't have that choice either. At least not until we retire (2 years and 3 months from now, but who's counting?)