Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_M007
Community Champion

Next challenge in infosec?

Now that you've succeeded in your CISSP certification what seems to be the next step for you? Personally, I am looking at CSA and cloud computing security. Everything seems to point to it as a must. However, metadata and data lake security seems to have far reaching consequences.

Drinking from the fire hose!

7 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

IoT which is so pervasive, no one appears to want to tackle that one.

Regards

Caute_cautim

j_M007
Community Champion

Who will be named the Interim Director,  IoT Security (IDIoTS)?

j_M007
Community Champion

Excellent point. Is there a group for IoT security like OWASP or CSA? I have not looked into it.

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

In that case, it is an opportunity and I suggest we not stand around - but take the initiative and take it forward, because it will creep up on a number of different environments.  By the time, there are frameworks available to deal with this it could be very late indeed.

Regards

Caute_cautim

Flyslinger2
Community Champion

CAP for me.

I'm contracted to DoD performing RMF.  I took the CAP bootcamp course and am impatiently waiting for ISC2 to get my CISSP blessed so I can get credit for my CAP followon studies before I take that exam.

Sadly, my customer has no need for anything cloud related.  It still may get the cert to keep studying and who knows what the future holds.

j_M007
Community Champion

Congrats on both achievements! I am looking at the CSA CCSK V 4 mainly to bolster my knowledge. Like you say about the future, and Caute_cautim mentioned about IoT about few people tackling it, you have to own or be pwned.

As for me, I wonder about the protection of data lake information, aggregation attacks against CIA of subjects' information, etc.

The more this stuff grows, the harder it is to secure.

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Fore armed is fore warned, and prepared for life's challenges.  

Given the rate of change, exponentially and beyond Moore's law, which appears to have been superceded, you have to be prepared to develop yourself and make it a personal challenge to maintain the motivation and assisting others on their own personal journeys.

Regards

Caute_cautim