cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijaySurisetty
Newcomer I

Cyersecurity in various Industries

Hey Everyone,

Can someone explain how Cybersecurity works in various industries. I am certainly sure that Cybersecurity can be different in a Consumer Industry compared to Financial Services compared to Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT). So, can somebody share some thoughts around this.

Best Regards,

Vijay Surisetty

https://www.linkedin.com/in/surisettyvijay/ 

4 Replies
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

The overall strategies are the same, industry doesn't matter. It's the tactics that are different due to the various devices, data, regulations, etc. That's why someone with a broad cert like the CISSP or CISM can work in any industry.    

VijaySurisetty
Newcomer I

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
KaueTD
Viewer

Dear Vijay, 

Thank you for your question. I believe that I can add you some insights from a different sector. I'm current in Finance sector in Brazil in a global operation. Cybersecurity is the same from a broad perspective, but each sector demands different controls, methods, and responses. I suggest start understanding the business (what the threats actors), the risks, the relevance of CIA for the business and what is critical. after that, it would be possible to set cybersecurity strategies accordingly with the business scheme. for example: Finance is a common target by cybercriminals due to PII + finance Data + Credentials, on the other hand retail is targeted aiming payment card information and so on. if you understand the business, the cybersecurity will be an "answer" for that. 

best regards, 

KaueTD

VijaySurisetty
Newcomer I

This is great. Thanks for the reply, really helpful.

Best Regards,

Vijay